HE Stem Third Sector is committed to protecting the privacy of our website users. The information you upload or submit via this site will only be used for the purposes set out in this policy.
The Data Protection Act 1998
The information you provide, including your e-mail address, is termed “personal data” under the Data Protection Act 1998. Therefore we will follow the principles set out in that Act when we process your personal data. All the personal data that we obtain from you will be held on a secure website server by our website development company Pear Digital Limited. We will use this information to update our in-house contacts database to ensure that our newsletter and email communications are sent to accurate and up-to-date email addresses.
We regard your privacy as very important. Information we collect from you, where you choose to provide it to us, enables us to answer your queries. By providing us with your information you consent to us processing it for this purpose. Except with your permission or as provided herein, we will not sell, trade or rent personal information about you to unaffiliated third parties. The HE Stem Third Sector site does not automatically capture or store personal information, other than information that is automatically logged about visitors and which is used to produce statistics about the use of the site. The following types of information are automatically collected and stored about any visit:
- the Internet domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access the site;
- the type of Internet browser and the operating system of the computer you use to access the site;
- the date and time you visit the site;
- the pages you visit on the site;
- if you linked to our site from another Web site, the address of that Web site;
- if you linked to the site from a search engine, the address of that search engine and the search term you used.
This information is collected by our web server and is only used for system administration and to provide statistics which we use to evaluate use of our site. For each visitor to our Web pages, our Web server automatically recognises only the visitor’s domain name, but not the email address (where possible).