Working with partners
You most important partners are schools, colleges and academies but can you work with others to make your activities more successful or to reach under-represented groups?
Many Third Sector organisations already work with hard-to-reach groups. Can they help you do likewise?
What we do at Villiers Park
Villiers Park Educational Trust works in partnership with many organisations in a variety of ways, for example:
- Reserving places on our five-day residential courses for young people who have been identified by other organisations as being in our target population – if the places have not been taken up by a deadline they are filled with nominees from our list schools
- Sharing good practice with those interested in developing fair access, for example through this project
- We work with Brightside UNIAID to provide the online hub, e-mentors and other IAG as part of the Villiers Park Scholars Programme
- The tutors and speakers for our five-day residential courses come from universities across the UK
- Working with universities to provide local masterclasses for the Villiers Park Scholars Programme
- Companies and universities sponsor some of our five-day residential courses
- The University of Bath contributes towards the cost of the Villiers Park Scholars Programme in Swindon as part of its work to improve fair access
- Generating Genius helps universities link up with less advantaged youngsters in London. Generating Genius finds the youngsters and the universities provide extending and exciting experiences in a university environment.
- Science Learning Centres work with science teachers and technicians in schools and colleges. Could you improve your links with schools by working with them?
- Do you have an e-mentoring scheme between your undergraduates and youngsters in your target population? Are you considering starting one? You could go it alone or you could talk to Brightside UNIAID.
Do you have an example of partnership working that you would like described here? Contact Moira Sheehan at email@example.com.